Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Idea Behind Media Mind

The Idea

I came up with the idea for a media blog because I contribute to another blog on "Blogger" reviewing movies.  I've always loved movies and music and literature, and I keep up rather well on contemporary hollywood/movie news.  Though, while only being one of 6 contributors to the movie review blog, I realized that I wanted to review, critique and celebrate so much more than just movies for one specific audience.  So here it is, my sometimes snarky, sometimes fangirl, opinions on everything.

The Goal

The reason I decided to go ahead and actually kick off Media Mind is because (at least in my humble opinion) there is a real place for blogs that review media.  It is so important to filter our brains when there is so much trash in the world right now.  I know not everyone will have my same opinions, and that's great, I definitely encourage people to think logically for themselves.  It's important to remember though, media is such a huge part of the human culture nowadays that it is really important to think critically about what we like, don't like, respect, don't respect, and why that is.  This blog is my way of getting my opinions out into the world, and to try to get at least one person to think more critically about something that is such a massive part of our culture.  If nothing else, at least to document my own thoughts and feelings.

The Action

Having finished my rant, I now commit to post at least once a week with a review, critique, analysis, or opinion of a piece of media that I've encountered, wether it be recent or old.  

P.S.
Comments and feedback are always welcome, even if our opinions differ.  However, any trollers, aggressive, rude, or explicit comments will be removed immediately.  It's disrespectful and every human being on the planet is capable of better than that.  I have a zero tolerance.  Be classy, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment